Well, my camera is having issues so between my picture and the help of the cameras of others I managed to get a few things. The first is a typical nondescript Carmel home. I think this is typical of what you’d see around 116th, but this is a more affluent neighborhood with slightly larger homes. It seems to give off the freedom and independence of a more wealthy neighborhood, but it still has the look, feel, and vibe of any old Carmel home. The second picture is of a shop in Clay Terrace. Now this on its own is enough to give a distinct image and nauseous feeling in my stomach. I think the stores in Carmel are a lot more clean and restrictive comparatively to their counterparts. They mirror the style and affluence of their location. They exude an aura of ‘Pleasantville.’ Really as far as it goes I don’t think it’s the home or the store American Eagle that have a lot to say on their own, but the combined image they try to provide in a strict prison guard-esque enforced fashion. To me they want to seem uniform, orderly, professional, and distinct. This endeavor, in my opinion, sacrifices the homey feel and normalcy of any other town. It’s one thing to live in a city with distinct neighborhoods with an underlying theme or similarity. It’s completely different to live in a city that looks like a giant neighborhood.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
yeay pictures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment