Thursday, February 5, 2009

yeah imperialism

To be honest, I’m not exactly sure what he’s saying about them. It seems that our formulas for success at home applying to entertainment are so simple and accessible that they are able to be sent abroad or copied. It’s almost equivalent to a virus that it’s a relaxed atmosphere which allows certain trends to breed and develop. With these developments come circulation and through this circulation no takes are added until a final product exists. This product is repeated due to its success. Throughout its growth it was able to spread and be accessible to multiple groups building up its audience. Our language is widespread and Hollywood is based off of very easy and applicable models. Trends are repeated and the ideas are able to be reciprocated and understood in other countries. Our laid back and uncomplicated way of providing entertainment is easy for other countries to understand. They are able to become another audience. Even if their industries don’t pick up on these trends, our own markets will expand into its new domains where it knows it has followers. I agree with his general sentiments. I also think a lot of products tend to appear abroad simply because they go hand in hand with other major corporations as big business. I don’t think you’d necessarily see lots of Nautica jeans everywhere abroad, but certain styles and products may be taken and tweaked according to their new homes within different branches of businesses. What products we do make can be tailored to fit whatever mold presented

No comments: