Overall I was completely disappointed by the commercials this year. The same stupid horse ads. If anything, I saw one mildly amusing commercial and another that flat out made me laugh. Beyond that, the others could distinguish themselves from the comical thoughts and imagination of a 10 year old. From dancing men in leotards with lizards to Doritos commercials with nothing relating to their product I was bored out of my mind. Nothing reached its normal standards. Of the two I did like, one was the Jason Statham Audi. This was only funny because it portrayed in 30 seconds the bulk of every Statham movie in the past 5 years. Him seriously driving cars to get away from the bad guys, but nothing seemed just right until he got his beautiful Audi. Maybe, this is just a guess, that’s because Audis are the cars he drives in 99% of his movies. The second legitimately funny commercial lasted one second. That was the Miller Highlife ad. The man appeared for one second to scream Highlife. I didn’t even have time to tell the background. This was random, sudden, shocking, and above all hilarious. This was something different. It didn’t drag out and play on the same old, “you aren’t deserving of the High Life because you’re not the good old working class people.” It was just a new funny marketing scheme.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment