I think overall today was a lot more of the same stuff from yesterday. My only problems with people were either their lack of paying attention to the class and reading from a paper making it boring or their over the top attempts to grab attention. I think these two were the most common point to lose me because I can easily get over and forget a stumble or pause around certain words, but when you neglect your audience by staring off into space or at a paper I lose interest. The worst for me was having to listen to people try to pool in crazy hypothetical situations, theatrically drawn out stories, or just flat out lame attention grabbers. I think there’s a difference between making attempts to interest your listener and overwhelming them with unnecessary thoughts or notions that remove you from your point. Apart from this as far as choosing people went, I just decided to go with whatever seemed the best balance of important organization and interesting presentation. I was surprised to see Maggie’s cup not get as many “bucks” because I thought out of all the talk of stories and being related to your organization, she had the best point for point presentation and tie to something very serious and dear to her family.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment