Tuesday, December 9, 2008

editing

So, tonight i edited my paper and polished some last ideas. What i'm beginning to worry about is whether or not my citing various sources is clear enough. I refer to various works belonging to different people who compiled work from the same few people. I'm not sure if it comes out clear enough, or if there's more i should do to straighten this out. I think i'll wait and see what comments i get on the first draft. Other than that i think it's going well. Other than the issue with two of my electronic sources being highly similar, the rest is all going fairly straight forward. I have yet to worry about and start my bibliography, but i'm in no hurry to start that. In all honesty i'm only doing this much work on my paper in an effort to avoid thinking and focusing my energies on finals. I'm not sure how i'm going to drag out blogs for the rest of this week, but i guess my next exciting chapter will be on the thrills and chills of a bibliography.

4 comments:

AHugs. said...

Patrick-
I think we're all in the same boat as far as the proper in-text citations go. I also have struggledddd with trying to figure out correct notation and use of the little buggers. I also can empathize with your worry about dealing with this paper and finals at the same time. Tragic.

Steve N. said...

This was a really good blog Patrick. I thought your description of your editing process was good. I feel your pain in terms of writing things I'm not exactly sure what to say about. I am doing 13 comments tonight on almost identical blogs by everyone in the AP class but back to your blog. I have been having similar problems with sources. Although everything is really interesting a lot of the information sort of feels like the last article i read but I think subtle differences allow you to still use it as a separate source.

MF said...

Wow, editing, that's something I never do. I'm impressed patty, putting that last polishing touch on an essay that you're pretty sure about. I'm worried though, i didn't know we had to do intext citations, so i have the creeping feeling that my paper come back with pen all over it.

boboflojo said...

In-text citations. Oops. Forgot about that one.
Anyway, it's been interesting reading your blogs, jim's and matt's over the past couple of weeks. with each of them, I've found myself learning new things!
Good luck with finals and all that jazz.