The sun was high and the grass was low. Paige was being a bitch. Again. Only this time it was different. This time I was with MY friends and it wasn’t just my cousins and her friends. She was embarrassing me and I couldn’t handle much more of it. The problem with the open field by my grandparents house was the tendency for small spikey weeds to surface in odd spots where they’d slipped up amongst the grass. It had been a great day for wiffle ball until my sister had decided to join in. At first the teasing was the same stupid stuff, small remarks that I had retorts for. Eventually however, it grew into insults on my pride and my friends were beginning to laugh with her jokes just as much as mine. This I couldn’t stand for. She told me the second base was one of those little spikey plants and I wasn’t dumb enough to listen, but the moment she called me a baby things got crazy. After I had to listen to one of my friends laughing with her for the last time, I left my base and went someone tried to hit me with the ball I chucked it into the woods. Upon arriving to the “faux” second base I jumped, barefooted, onto the weed. After immediately following over screaming clutching my feet, to my sister’s amusement, my parents took me inside and I sat with my feet in a bucket of hot water glaring at my sister from the porch for the rest of the afternoon.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Patty all i can say this is obviously one of the worst moments of your life, if not the worst. Publicly humiliated. Ouch. I am sorry you have to remember this painful memory, that did indeed end with pain in your foot, and i don't think that i would be mistaken if i said the pain was also felt inside. Yes, i know. I went there. I think the way you described this moment in your life was brilliant, i can actually see you glaring and wincing with pain. And i can relate to this, as i believe most people can. Patty you should have stood up for yourself. I guess you are just a nice guy which certainly isn't a bad trait. I liked your post because i got to see another side of Paige through your eyes. I have only known Paige as my babysitter when i was little. I thought she was the coolest, i had so much fun with her. I didn't ever see that side probably because she was the babysitter and that would be completely wrong. Now i know she wasn't always the perfect role model i thought she was.
lesson: it sucks to be subjected to others mean comments so patty keep that in mind the next time you want to joan :) and next time throw your dukes up!
Post a Comment